Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

This Is Love

This Is Love "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 1 John 4:8 Today, as I was sitting here thanking God for giving me another day to be with my family, my mind wandered back some 2000 years ago. On a dusty old road, riding on the back of a donkey, Jesus was coming into a city, knowing that the people in that city were going to kill Him. Yet He still came. He knew that He was going to be crucified on that cruel cross on Golgotha, to pay for a debt He did not make, and one He did not owe. He did that for me and you. He paid the debt for all my sins and yours. He forgave us for all the sins we have ever committed, as He was preparing a way for us to be able to overcome anything that would ever come against us. He was looking ahead and seeing all that we would experience, and He was, in His great Mercy and Grace, paying for it in advance. If the price He was about to pay for me and you is not Love, then there will never be a Love in this world any greater than the Love He has for us. What an Awesome Loving Savior, to think so far ahead and to take actions to pay such a debt for us. I know I did not deserve His Mercy or Grace, as He could have said no, but because He loved me so much, He refused to let that debt stand against me. He took it on Himself so that I could have an abundant life in Him. Thank You Jesus for loving me that much. I will forever praise You and walk in Your ways. If you are looking for someone today who really loves you, and was willing to give His own life for you, then you have found Him. His name is Jesus, and He loved you so much that He gave His life for you, to forgive you of all your sins, and even more to give you life, an eternal life in Heaven. All he asks in return is for you to make Him first in your life, to love Him back, and obey His commands Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven July 20

No comments:

Post a Comment