Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

God Is In Control

God Is In Control "When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered, I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you." Psalm 73:21 A man was carrying a heavy load of grain down a country road. Another man in a wagon being pulled by a horse saw the man walking and said to him, “Mister, do you need a ride?” And so the man got in the wagon. But he kept the load of grain on his shoulder. The wagon driver said, “Man, put that down and relax!” The rider said, “Oh no. It’s enough for you to carry me without having you carry this too.” Have you ever done that to the Lord? You say, “Lord, I’ll let You save me, but I’ll carry my own burdens.” How foolish we are to do this with the God who hung the stars and planets. If you can trust God to save you from hell, don’t you think you can cast your burden upon the Lord right now? I am sure many of you are going through situations in your life today where you could relate to this story, as you do not see any way out of your dilemma, and don't know where to turn to for help. This is so comforting as no matter what situation you may find yourself in at the present time, no matter how down you may be, no matter how threatened you may feel, no matter how fearful you may be of what lies ahead, God is telling you that He is always with you, loving you, guiding you, and leading you, and will help you carry your burdens. You may wonder why these things are happening to you right now, but God knows, and He also knows what you are feeling inside, and just how insecure, and how afraid you may be. He is feeling your pain, and knows that you cannot do this alone. So even though you may feel depressed, afraid, and don't know where to turn, God has told you that He loves you, cares about you, and will let you overcome any of your troubles. God is in control, and will let you be victorious. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven July 5

No comments:

Post a Comment