Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

Become A New Christian

Become A New Christian “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.” Psalm 51:10-12 There was a young boy who lost a little red sailboat he had made. It sailed away from him across the pond. Later, he saw it in a second-hand store, and the proprietor made him buy it back. He bought it back, and as he carried the little sailboat out of the store, he hugged it to his chest and said, “Little sailboat, you’re mine. You’re twice mine. You’re mine because I made you, and you’re mine because I bought you back.” Do you realize that you are like this sailboat, as not only did God create you, he bought you with back with His blood. And God says, “Christian, you’re mine. You are twice mine. You’re mine because I created you, and you’re mine because I redeemed you.” 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 “But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.” This scripture tells us that God has cleansed us inside and out. The presence of the Holy Spirit is the defining mark of who is a Christian and who isn’t. One of the great gifts of salvation is the gift of the Holy Spirit living inside us. One of the great blessings of being a Christian is that we can ask God to empower us and strengthen us through His Spirit. Giving thanks to God and obeying His commands and doing His will are things that each of us can do to begin this transformation. The Scriptures are Spirit-inspired, and when we read, study and meditate on God’s will in Scripture, the Spirit helps us understand what is said, and convicts us of what is wrong in our life. It also empowers us to live out what God has called us to do, and fulfill His plan for us. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven July 11 This is one of the 365 devotionals from my book. It is published by Amazon.com and is available at Amazon.com under the book section.

No comments:

Post a Comment