Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

A Glimpse Of Heaven

A Glimpse Of Heaven "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9 Don’t you sometimes wish we could live forever? I love my family, I love my wife, I love my children and my grandchildren, and could not imagine living without them. I know Heaven is a beautiful place. I know I can’t even imagine it, can’t even fathom what it will be like, and know that I want to be there, but my love for all of my earthly family is strong, and I cannot control my thoughts of leaving them behind. In the years I’ve been on this earth, I’ve lost many people I love - my father, my grandparents who taught me all the things I needed to be the person I am today. But for everything I’ve ever lost, God has filled my cup to overflowing. He has blessed me with a wonderful life, given me a wonderful family, provided all my needs, and most of all has given me the promise of an eternal home in Heaven. To live forever here on earth, it seems like more than enough sometimes. But we know that can’t be true. Heaven was made to be more than this life offers. But what exactly is Heaven? Heaven is a place where there will be no more goodbyes. It's a place filled with people who had faults on earth but are now made perfect, wrongs made right, hearts made whole. Heaven is a second chance and Heaven is everything we love plus a thousand, million things we can’t even begin to understand. Heaven is seeing God’s face with the faces of those you love. I’m so glad that we have a Savior who loved us more than enough, a God who loves us more than enough to see past what we can imagine, to prepare a place for us where we can live forever, in a way that if we could understand we’d probably knock down the doors of Heaven just trying to reach it. What a gift and a treasure to be found worthy of Heaven, where I will see the face of God, and where I will spend my eternity. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven October 6

No comments:

Post a Comment