Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Sin Of Pride

The Sin Of Pride "To fear the Lord is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech." Proverbs 8:9 Do you always feel in control, and always rely on your own abilities to handle all the situations you face in life? In today's devotional I want to talk to you about pride, and how it can affect your daily walk with God. Pride can get in the way of letting God into our life, and letting Him help us face the daily trials and struggles that Satan puts in our paths. I know that I have always struggled with pride, as I have always been confident about my own abilities, thinking that I could handle most situations that have occurred in my life. Many times, however, I have made bad decisions by relying on my own abilities. My pride got in the way of asking God to help me deal with these issues. As I have gotten older and wiser God has given me wisdom to know that I do not have all the answers to the problems that I will face in life. I know that I need God in my daily life, to lead me and guide me in the paths that I need to follow. I know that if I become so prideful to think that I have all the answers, I will soon stray off the right path and begin making bad choices. We all need to let God be part of our daily lives, and not depend upon ourselves for all the answers to deal with our situations in life. When our pride keeps God out of our daily life, this is when Satan gets in, and temptations begin to take over and control what we do. Satan is always there to convince us that we don't need God. It is important to keep God in our lives daily, and continually pray and ask Him to give us wisdom and direction to face the trials and struggles that confront us. Don't let your pride, stand in the way of asking God for help. God wants you to depend upon Him for help and guidance. "When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." Proverbs 11:2.

No comments:

Post a Comment