Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Why Do We Suffer

Why Do We Suffer "My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life." Psalm 119:50 Today, I want you to know that God loves you, and wants the best for you in all that you do. He is with you always, even in the struggles and trials you might be facing. He knows all about you. Every time we pick up the newspaper, or turn on the news, there are situations staring us in the face, where seemingly innocent people have been killed, seriously injured or where tragedy has befallen them. It is easy to see why so many people could say, "if God really loves me, then why do I suffer." I receive many e-mails from my readers asking this very question, as they have tried to live good Christian lives, but trouble and trials seem to follow them around daily. However, we must face the undeniable fact that people do suffer. You can find sickness, sorrow, and suffering in all walks of life. This very moment you can probably think of someone, very close to you, who is suffering greatly, and it just doesn't seem fair. The suffering and sorrow that you and I face today, is not the work of an unjust God; it's the consequences of sin. We suffer because we are sinners. There was a time when suffering and sorrow did not exist. When God first created man, everything was perfect. Man brought sin into the world. But Jesus Christ suffered for us all, that we might have eternal life. The curse of suffering and death entered this world because of sin, but we can escape the curse through Christ. Jesus said, " I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." There is coming a day when all suffering will end for those who know Jesus as their Savior. "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven October 15

No comments:

Post a Comment