Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Make This Day Special

Make This Day Special "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Mark 13-32 I have been writing my devotionals now for over 15 years and each day as I write them I reflect back on my life to see if I am being the person God wants me to be, and being the good steward God wants me to be. When we talk about being good stewards of what God gives us, we immediately think of money. While much of the focus of our stewardship is on money, I want to remind you today that we are also called to be good and faithful stewards of our time. The Bible clearly teaches that tomorrow is promised to none of us, that each day is a gift from God. As I reflect back on the days of my life on this earth, I can honestly say that I have not always been a good steward of my time. The biggest trap we all fall into is taking a day in our life for granted. We get so used to waking up in the morning, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, that we simply take today for granted expecting that there will be a tomorrow. The reality is tomorrow is not a guarantee. Each day I hear from some of my readers and help them deal with the death of a family member or friend. They range in age from the loss of a baby still in the womb, all the way to those who had a full life into their 90's. It is God who will determine when each of us has completed our journey here, and there will be no more tomorrows. Today, right now, is the only thing we can be assured of. That is why I want to encourage you to make the most of today. Today is a day like none other, it is special and unique. Don't treat it as just another day, but as the gift from God that it is. How do you make today special? First, you start it in prayer and by reading God's word. Spending time with Jesus should be the very first thing you do each morning. Make this day special and let God be first in all you do. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven October 5

No comments:

Post a Comment