Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

A Mother's Prayer

A Mother's Prayer By: Margaret Sue Brock “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26 Prayer has always been a big part of my life over the years, as I believe the power of prayer can do so much in the lives of our children and our family. I remember when our baby, Christopher was about four years old, he would try to talk and would stutter so badly that we could barely understand him. At that time I was getting up at 5:30 each morning to take the mail to the post office, for the business I operated. One morning I was praying so hard about him and his speech problem, I found myself screaming to God to hear me, and saying that nothing was impossible with God, and that I demanded Him to heal Christopher of his speech problem, and by the stripes of Jesus he would be healed. I then began thanking Him for hearing my prayer and for healing Christopher. By the time I got home I had perfect peace all that day, and when Christopher began to talk that morning his speech was perfect, and he has not had any problems since that time. He is now 32 years old, and does not have any problems with his speech. He has been called to the ministry and he and his beautiful wife Heather are living for God. The power of prayer is such an important thing to have in our family, and the power of the parents to ask God to answer our prayers for our children, is something that all parents should pray for. Each morning as I do my Bible study I pray for my family, and read the scriptures I claim for them. All parents should pray daily for their children and their families. I have always had faith that my prayers will be answered if I keep my eyes on God, and doing His will for my life. My family is the most important thing in my life, and my prayers can touch them as I believe God will answer my prayers when I ask. My Daily Devotional Volume Seven Robert William Brock May 15

No comments:

Post a Comment