Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Don't Judge Others

Don't Judge Others "Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing." Proverbs 12:18 A doctor rushed hurriedly to the hospital after being called in for an emergency surgery on a young boy. There he found the boy’s father who yelled “Why did you take all this time to come? Don’t you know that my son’s life is in danger? The doctor smiled and said: “I am sorry, I wasn’t in the hospital and I came as fast as I could after receiving the call, I am now here, calm down and let me go to him.” “Calm down, said the father, what if it was your son, would you calm down? If your own son was dying now what would you do,” said the father angrily. The doctor smiled again and replied: “I would say what Job said in the Bible, “From dust we came and to dust we return, blessed be the name of God”. Doctors cannot prolong lives. I will now go and intercede for your son, and I will do my best by God’s grace.” “Giving advice when we’re not concerned is so easy”, murmured the father. The surgery took some hours after which the doctor came out smiling, “Thank goodness, your son is all right.” And without waiting for the father’s reply he went out the door running, and said to the father, “If you have any question, ask the nurse.” “Why is he so arrogant, he asked the nurse, why couldn’t he wait a minute so that I could ask about my son.” The nurse answered, tears coming down her face: “His son died yesterday in a car accident, and he was at his son's funeral when we called him for your son’s surgery. And now that he saved your son’s life, he left running to get to the graveyard for his son’s burial.” So often in life we are quick to jump to conclusions and judge others, but we should never judge someone because we never know how their life is and what is happening, or what they’re going through. God can be the only true judge of others, as He alone knows what is in their heart. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven​ May 12

No comments:

Post a Comment