Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

God Has A Plan For You

God Has A Plan For You "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9 In one of our earlier cars we had a built in GPS system. I could program it to take me to a certain location. All along the way, the announcer would give me instructions, “Turn left a quarter of a mile ahead, and stay on this freeway for three miles. It would then tell me to exit in one mile, a half a mile, then to put on my signal light and immediately turn left.” But sometimes I wouldn't follow the directions too well. I would be interrupted by something, and miss a turn, stop to get gas or sometime just go the wrong way. The announcer didn't come on and start yelling at me and say, “What in the world are you doing? I told you to turn left. You ruined my plan.” No, the moment I got off course the GPS system immediately started recalculating another plan. Within a few seconds, it would give me new directions. It’s the same way with God, when you have a heart to please Him, and follow the plan He has charted you to follow. You may miss an exit, you may make a wrong turn, or simply not listen to Him, but God has already recalculated another route for you. He may close a door to get you back on course, or put another obstacle in your path. He may bring someone in your life, that can provide the support you need to get you back following His plan for you. God had a plan for the people of Israel, to lead them to their promised land. They didn't always follow the plan He had given them, but He opened all the doors, and removed all the obstacles in their path, and eventually their descendants reached their destination. If you have gotten off course in the plan that God had for you, He can also provide the way to get you back on course. All you have to do is ask Him for help, and follow His instructions. He’s still going to get you to where you’re supposed to be. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven​ May 4

No comments:

Post a Comment