Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

The Day The Angels Cried

The Day The Angels Cried "It was now about the sixth hour, and darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour, for the sun stopped shining." Luke 23:44 Recently I heard a beautiful song titled "Ten Thousand Angels Cried", sung by LeAnn Rimes. I could picture heaven the day our Savior was crucified, as I listened to this song, as the angels were looking at the torture He endured for the salvation of mankind. They must have pondered this senseless way to die. They saw people mocking Him and spitting on Him, lashing at Him with a whip repeatedly, until He was disfigured beyond recognition. Why would He choose to leave heaven’s splendor to die in our place when we were the sinful ones? The fact remains that He loved us enough and chose to lay aside His crown and royalty to take on the form of humanity for you and me. He did this so that one day those who have accepted His death, burial and resurrection will live in Heaven with Him. We can rejoice that Jesus loved us so much He went to the cross, as painful and humiliating as it was for Him. The song about the ten thousand angels crying is very real. I imagine there may have been a huge display of lightning, thunder and a downpour of rain, as if those angels were weeping so profusely that their tears resonated heaven's intense response. I am so thankful He did not come down from the cross, because I know He purchased eternal life for me. The angels must have wondered if there could have been another way. It is in those moments that makes me appreciate that although He was God, He removed His divinity to put on the flesh of man. Now, whenever thunder roars, the wind blows and the lightning flashes across the sky, I look out my window. As the rain drops become stronger and louder on the roof top, I think about the day my Savior was crucified and how the angels cried. My Daily Devotional Volume Seven Robert William Brock May 11

No comments:

Post a Comment