Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Feel God's Presence

Feel God's Presence

“See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land.”
Song of Songs 2:11-12

I always include this devotional in all of my books as this is a special one for me, and lets me see and feel God's presence all around me. One of my favorite hobbies is working in my yard and garden, and as I spend many hours planting, pruning and weeding my flowers, I see God all around me, as I gaze on the beauty of what He has created before me. I believe God desires to be part of our everyday lives in this manner. He shows us His majesty in all the beauty that surrounds us, if we will look for it. Years ago, I discovered the above scripture during my Bible study, and it really jumped off the page at me, as it is one of the most beautiful scriptures I had discovered in some time. Since I found this scripture, every time I go out in my yard, I now think about this verse. It reminds me of God, and the beauty He has created all around me. After the rain and the storms comes the rainbow, and the beauty of the flowers, that He has surrounded me with. It is now a time for singing, as the birds fill the air with their joyful sounds. Since I asked Jesus into my heart, I can see Him and feel Him throughout my day, in all different ways such as this, which I had never experienced before. I believe Jesus wants us to experience Him in this way, in our everyday lives. It is through these kinds of moments, that we realize just how amazing God really is, when we hear the birds singing all around us, see the blue sky above, and feel the wind gently blowing through the trees These are now special times for me, as I can see God, and feel His presence all around me.
My Daily Devotional Volume Six
April 14
Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment