Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Learn To Be Patient

Learn to be Patient “Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” Psalm 27:14 Patience is something that is difficult for many people. I have struggled with patience throughout my life, as I have wanted things done in my time frame, and have found it difficult to wait. We all have dreams and visions of what we want our life to be like, and want these to become realities now instead of next week or next year. I have learned over the years however that the waiting process is not all bad, as in the waiting process God is molding me to become more like Him, and teaching me to put my trust and faith in Him, instead of relying on my own abilities. About 6 years ago during a routine annual physical exam by my doctor the x-ray showed a suspicious growth on my adrenal gland. Although my doctor decided to just watch it for a period of time, and have an x-ray every 6 months to see if it was growing, this was the first time in my life that I was threatened by something as serious as this. Fortunately the size of the growth has remained constant and has not gotten larger, however having to wait for the results of the x-ray every 6 months has taught me to be patient, and that I am not invincible as I had always thought. Although the waiting throughout this entire process is not pleasant, my faith and trust in God has increased. I have learned to really trust in the Lord more during this time and put it into His hands. Today I know with surety that there is nothing that is impossible with God. Habakkuk 2:2-3 “And the Lord answered me and said: Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables that they may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end, it shall speak and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.” My Daily Devotional Volume III January 22 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment