Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Learn To Forgive

Learn to Forgive

“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”
Ephesians 4:32

This is not a perfect world, as we all make mistakes. Your business is not a perfect business. Your friendships are not flawless. Those who work with you will make errors. I recall a story I read years ago. An up and coming young assistant to the president of a large corporation made a costly mistake. It cost the company $50,000.00. He was devastated and brought his letter of resignation to the president explaining, “I realize what a dumb thing I did. I am very sorry. I know that it cost the company $50,000.00. Here is my letter of resignation.” “Are you crazy?” the president replied. “I have been teaching you and educating you every week. Now, you have made a big mistake. I have just invested $50,000.00 in your education and you are going to leave? No, sir. You are not going to leave. You have cost me too much to lose my investment in you.” He stayed and later became the president of the company. We must always remember that we will all make mistakes, but forgiveness makes a future possible. Great leaders accept the responsibility for their people. If you are going to have extraordinary success in your business and your life, be strong and courageous enough to take the responsibility for the mistakes of those in the process of learning from you. Jesus was our supreme example as He taught us that no man is perfect, and that we are all prone to make mistakes, but He was always willing to forgive us for these mistakes. We need to be willing to follow in the footsteps of Jesus and learn to forgive others also. Peter denied Jesus three times, and yet Jesus lovingly said, Luke 22:31 “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail.”
My Daily Devotional Volume III
January 17
Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment