Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Your Secret Garden

Your Secret Garden

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
Psalm 46:10

Today, I heard a wonderful sermon preached by one of my closest friends, which caused me to think about my own life, and if I was doing enough to be the kind of person God wants me to be. His message was titled "Your Journey Into Your Secret Garden," and as he posed the question to the congregation, "Where will I go this week to share my passion for God", I thought about just how little we do to share our passion for God. The busyness of the world, meetings, hobbies, sports, and a multitude of other trivial interruptions keep us from fully sharing our passion for God with others. His advice was to stop and smell the roses in our own lives, and evaluate just how much time we spend in our own relationship with God. How much time do we spend in prayer, and reading our Bible on a daily basis? Are we only Sunday morning Christians, or do we keep our relationship with God all during the week? It is during the time we spend alone with God that He speaks to us, and provides us wisdom and understanding to meet the challenges of life. Do we walk in the spiritual garden with the Holy Spirit, and let it lead us on the path where God wants us to go? It is not about our attendance at church--or what we do at church, rather it is all about our own spiritual relationship with God. Before Jesus was arrested, the apostles were found asleep in the garden. This makes me wonder have we fallen asleep in our gardens, and are not up to the task of doing all we can to keep our passion for Jesus alive. Maybe it is time for all of us to have a wakeup call, as if we are not walking with God now, will we be ready to walk with Him for our triumphal entry into heaven.
My Daily Devotional Volume Six
July11
Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment