Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Staying Happy

Staying Happy

“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:29-31

This past week I had a few days when I felt down and a little bit gloomy. Nothing major was wrong that I could put a finger on, but my joy and enthusiasm was missing. Possibly it was just that some of my major projects were now completed, and I was not able to keep myself uplifted. I began to think there were many people in the Bible that were like this as King David wrote many of the Psalms expressing times when he was down. Psalm 42:5 “Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me?” I then went to one of my board meetings where one of my friends said “Where is your enthusiasm, the spring in your step that you normally have?” My friend was joking, but this made me think that everything was good in my life, my health was good, my family was happy, we had a nice house, financial security, and what else should I want. Those of us who know the Lord should have the most wonderful reason of all to be thankful and joyful. Jesus loves all of us, even when we have our bad days. He died on the cross, and rose from the grave so that we can have eternal life. With my friends help I now have my enthusiasm back, and the spring in my step has returned. I am sure I will have other gloomy days, but knowing Christ, and remembering what he did for me will bring the joy and enthusiasm back to our lives. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
My Daily Devotional Volume III
January 10
Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment