Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

The Power Of Prayer

The Power of Prayer “Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.” Matthew 18:19 During these past ten years as I have been sending out my daily devotionals, there have been few days that I do not have dozens of people replying and asking for prayer for some family member or problem they are having in their lives. I keep a prayer list of people who are asking for prayer and always respond to them with a copy of other devotionals that I have written that may relate to what they are asking prayer for. Almost all of these appear to give encouragement to these people who are having difficulties in their lives at this moment, and seem to encourage them and give them some sense of peace as to what is happening in their lives. I believe that we all can be an encouragement to others in their time of trouble and need. I have found that so many people get so engrossed in their own trials and troubles, that many times they do not take the time to help others that are in need. As the above scripture says when any two of us agree about anything you ask for it will be done for you. The power of prayer can accomplish wonderful results when we take the time to earnestly pray with someone, and come together and ask God for relief for people who are having difficulties. The gift of encouragement is a great gift that God has given many people that can benefit others so greatly. Just letting someone know that you are praying for them uplifts them and encourages them and enables them to handle these situations better. Look around you today and be an encourager to someone and uplift them with your prayers. Matthew 18:20 “For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.” My Daily Devotional Volume III February 1 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment