Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Be Happy

Be Happy “To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God.” Ecclesiastes 2:26 When I think of the scripture above I am reminded so much of my grandfather and how happy and contented he was. Any time you saw him he was always happy, and was always at total peace with himself. He did not possess many material things and was not a wealthy man; however he always was at peace and content with his place in life. I probably spent more time with him than anyone other than my wife, as he lived next door to me all during my childhood. We fished together and hunted together and trained our beagles together as I was growing up. I don’t ever remember him getting upset about anything or at anyone. He never criticized, grumbled or ever became upset at anything I can ever remember. Having spent my life in the business world, I have never encountered anyone who has demonstrated this ability to remain as content and at peace with himself as my grandfather. I know that through the years I have become upset and frustrated many times, and would take out my frustrations on others, as do most other people. My grandfather had accepted Jesus into his heart, and I believe God gave him, and will give each of us this same sense of peace and happiness when we please God and do His will. When we turn our lives over to God, He instills in us this same kind of happiness and gives us the assurance that He will provide all our needs. Wealth and material possessions does not bring peace and happiness, but the presence of God in our lives gives us total comfort as God will provide all we will ever need. Matthew 25:21 “Come and share your master’s happiness.” My Daily Devotional Volume III March 31 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment