Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

You Can't Hide From God

You Can’t Hide From God “Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord.” Psalm 139:4 God knows us perfectly, far beyond our knowledge of ourselves; our every action, our every undertaking, even our thoughts before they are fully crystallized, and our words before they are ever uttered are known by an ever present God. Even the little things that we do in our daily lives, where we are not honest in the way we conduct ourselves, are under God’s watchful eyes. I am reminded of the story about the minister who ended his service one Sunday by saying, “Next Sunday I’m going to preach on the subject of liars. And in preparation of this, I would like each of you to read the seventeenth chapter of Mark.” The following Sunday the minister asked, “Now then, all of you who have read the seventeenth chapter of Mark, please raise your hands.” Nearly every hand in the congregation went up. Then said the minister, “You are the people I want to talk to, as there is no seventeenth chapter of Mark.” This humorous story illustrates just how easy it is to sin in the eyes of God, and although many of these sins may not seem to be significant, they are nevertheless sins. I would caution each of you to always be aware of your actions, your thoughts, and your behavior at all times as God is watching, and is aware of all you do. There is no place where even the smallest of sins is kept secret from God, so be aware of what you do, what you think and how you live, even down to the small things of life. He will one day examine each of our lives and also our souls, as He knows our ever thought, word and deed, from whom there is no hiding. Psalm 139:1-3 “O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.” My Daily Devotional Volume III April 6 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment