Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

God Has A Plan For You

God Has A Plan For You “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 The other night at one of our church’s small group meetings, one of the young men who will be graduating from college was concerned about what his future would be like. Most people go through life, like this young man, not knowing what the future will have in store for them, however the scripture above gives us a glimpse of how God looks at our future, as He tells us that He has plans to prosper us and give us hope for our future. From the time we set out on our own, we begin to make life-changing decisions; we get our first job; we find the perfect spouse; we begin our family; we buy our first house and make many other life changing decisions throughout the course of our lives. Ultimately, through these decisions we decide our future. All the decisions we make are part of God’s plan for each of us, and in His time he will reveal His plan to us. In my situation God did not reveal His plan for my life to me until I passed middle age, and had experienced many of these life changing decisions. I believe God wants each of us to listen to His call, but gives us a free will to see what we will do of our own accord. I know that I made many mistakes, but I believe these were all learning experiences for me, as He was molding me and shaping me to be the person I am today. At the right time God will speak to you and reveal His plan for your life. When this time comes, allow your life to be guided by God, and listen to His gentle whispers, and follow Him and He will make your future a bright one. Romans 12:2 “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” My Daily Devotional Volume III April 5 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment