Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Remembering God

Remembering God “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.’ In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, ‘This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 1st Corinthians 11:24-25 I have spent the past 20 years researching my ancestors, as I have become enamored with wanting to know all about them. As I have recorded their birthdates and the dates of their deaths, I think about the role they have played in my life and how they have shaped who I am. When I print out any report which shows all of my ancestor’s birth dates and death dates, it makes me think that I am honoring them by remembering them and keeping their memories alive. I believe our Christian faith is also centered in remembering. Each Easter we remember and celebrate our Lord’s resurrection and also our own salvation through our faith in Him. In the Lord’s Supper, shown above, we remember His suffering and His resurrection from the grave. The tremendous sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for me and all mankind in order to give us the chance for an eternal life, is something that we must never forget. When we eat the bread and drink from the cup at our communion services, this must be the time to remember what Jesus did for us. Just as I want my family to know about their ancestors, and to always remember where we came from and who our family is, I also want each of them to always remember who Jesus Christ is and the sacrifice He made for them. So the next time you observe the communion service in your church, take the time to remember the love God had for you, and the sacrifice He made for you, in order that you can have an eternal life. John 1:12 “But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God.” My Daily Devotional Volume III March 23 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment