Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Be A Seven Day Christian

Be a Seven Day Christian “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10 During these past 15 years I have been on a mission to do God’s will for my life. I feel God has called me to be a witness for Him, and to help provide for the needy in our community. During this time I have spoken at many of the local churches, encouraging them to become involved with many of the programs we have established that provides food, shelter, and other help to the less fortunate people in our area. There have been many people who have responded, but many set back and do not participate in any capacity. I am reminded of a story about three pastors who were having lunch in a diner. One said, “You know, since summer started I’ve been having trouble with bats in my loft and attic at church. I’ve tried everything---noise, spray, cats---nothing seems to scare them away.” Another said, “Me too, I’ve got hundreds living in my belfry and in the attic. I’ve even had the place fumigated, and they won’t go away.” The third said, “I baptized all mine, and made them members of the church. Haven’t seen one back since!” This is a humorous story, but in many cases is so true, as there are many people who are Sunday morning Christian’s, and only show up on Sunday morning, but the other six days of the week do not follow up with following God’s word. God wants us to be a witness for Him in all we do, not just on Sunday. We need to all be proactive in reaching our neighbors, our friends and anyone we come into contact with, and be a witness for Jesus. Our good works will not get us to heaven, but God will bless us immensely when we help others and witness for Jesus in all we do. Ephesians 5:8 “For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord.” My Daily Devotional Volume III March 26 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment