Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

You Are Not Alone

You Are Not Alone “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” 2nd Timothy 4:7 Several days ago I received a call from one of my former employers that one of my good friends had passed away after a ferocious battle with cancer. This was a good Christian man who walked the talk in his everyday life and was a beacon for everyone to follow. That night I read the scripture above and it really hit home. It made me think that as my friend was going through all the trials in his life over the past few months he kept his faith, fought the good fight and finished the race. He was able to do this because he had God to lean on, and who was his strength during his struggles. I know that so many people try to solve problems on their own, and then realize that they can’t do it by themselves and eventually turn things over to God. We can all fight the good fight, and sometimes finish the race by ourselves but when we do it without faith it just isn’t satisfying, but only sufficient. There is no gratification in doing something that isn’t in God’s will. There is a security in knowing that when you fight the good fight and finish the race with faith that God was on your side through it all. God knows all our strengths and weaknesses, and as He promises throughout the Bible will not make our burdens more than we can bear. And even though when we are down in our valleys and the storm clouds surround us God is still there to guide us through and give us peace in our lives. I would encourage each of you, that when you feel that you are all alone, and that no one understands what you are going through, to remember that God knows and understands your troubles, and will provide the understanding that will guide you through your difficult times. Don’t try to do it all by yourself, but turn to God who will walk by your side. My Daily Devotional Volume III April 22 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment