Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Are You A Mentor

Are You A Mentor “He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.” Proverbs 13:20 During this past year, my youngest son Christopher, who is 32, has began mentoring my grandson, Brock, who just turned 22, and they have developed a bond that has been wonderful for both of them. We begin learning from the time we are born, valuable lessons from others around us, and it is how we apply these lessons to our own lives that assists us in becoming successful. I know that I would not have been the person I am today, if it had not been for my mother, grandfather and grandmother teaching me, and mentoring me in the things that were right and wrong. They built my character and made me the kind of person I have become. We all have had mentors that have helped shape our lives, and influenced our character, and made us the kind of people we are today. I have helped shape others throughout my life, as God has given me a gift of a comforter, encourager, and developed a positive attitude in my life, that I have been able to pass on and share with others in my business career. We must be willing to take other people under our wing, and help develop them to be better people. The example of Barnabas being a mentor to the Apostle Paul, is a good example of how God used someone to raise others to greatness. We always need to be developing others to become greater, so that they will be able to take our place. If we can set the foundation, we need others to build on this foundation, and to take it to the next level. It is important to get to know the people we are mentoring, as this will enable us to know their strengths and their weaknesses. One of the most important things of mentoring is our own walk and our actions. We must walk the talk in everything we do. Being a mentor to someone is God’s way to witness for Him and influence others. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven​ March 17

No comments:

Post a Comment