Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

My Trouble Tree

My Trouble Tree “Come to me, all you are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28 There was a plumber who was hired to help a man restore an old farmhouse. When the plumber arrived at work the first day, he noticed his tire was flat, which made him lose an hour of work, his electric drill quit working, the parts he had purchased were the wrong size, and when he started home his truck refused to start. The homeowner had to drive him home, and the plumber sat in total silence during the trip, as he had a terrible day and had earned very little money. On arriving, he invited the homeowner in to meet his family. As they walked towards the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands. When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation. His face was wreathed in smiles, and he hugged his two small children, and gave his wife a kiss. Later he walked the homeowner out to his car, and as they passed the small tree the homeowner asked him why he had rubbed the tree. “Oh, that’s my trouble tree, I know I can’t help having troubles on the job, but those troubles don’t belong in the house with my wife and children. So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home, and ask God to take care of them. Then in the morning I pick them up again. Funny thing is, he smiled, when I come out in the morning to pick them up, there aren’t nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before.” We all need a tree to hang our troubles on, and that tree is God. If you feel you are walking through a dark valley, and the storm clouds of life are all around you, God can be your trouble tree. If you are burdened down with troubles today, turn them over to God, and He will help you carry your burdens. He will lighten your load, and give you peace and comfort you. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven​ March 13

No comments:

Post a Comment