Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Let God Lead

Let God Lead “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Philippians 4:6 On a recent trip down to our home in Kentucky, we drove up in the beautiful mountains near our homes, where we grew up. The roads were so twisted and curvy as we drove up the mountain, that it seemed like we would never reach the top. Life is so much like this, as it has a lot of twists and turns, and we get so caught up with coping with our daily problems, that we sometimes forget where we are going, and don’t take time to enjoy our trip. We miss several turns or opportunities, and we certainly are going to experience our share of rough times, and fall into several potholes along the way, but we can make life what we want to make it. We can either make it a positive experience, or a negative experience. We can use the age old test—do we see the glass as half full, or half empty. We can either choose to be happy, or we can live a life that is full of gloom and despair. The choice is up to us. God wants us to be happy, as this is the way we can be most productive in fulfilling His plan. I know I have had my share of troubles, but I don’t have time to go back to revisit my past, as I am enjoying the journey I am on, and thankful to the Lord for being with me as I travel. Proverbs 4:11 “I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths.” God is our navigator through life, and if we let Him guide us, we will never be anxious about the troubles we face and the problems we encounter. We will reach our mountain tops, and when we do fall into our valleys, we will be prepared to overcome anything that will face us. God wants us to enjoy our travels in life, but we need to put our trust in Him and enjoy the ride. God can take us to heights that we never dreamed of, if we do His will and obey His commands. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven​ March 19

No comments:

Post a Comment