Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

You Cannot Out-Give God

You Cannot Out-Give God. “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Luke 6:38 The Bible tells us in the above scripture “Give and it will be given to you”. If you give freely, you will receive freely. If you show kindness and friendship to people, you will get kindness and friendship back. If you give of your time and talent to help others, you will be repaid by blessings from God in your own life. If you work at your job with all your might, you will receive recognition in the form of a raise or a promotion. Matthew 13:23 “He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.” We cannot out-give God. I have personally experienced this in my own life, as I have developed my ministry, God has given me blessings that has touched my heart. Just being able to provide a nourishing meal to some of the children, in the afterschool program, has provided me with peace and joy that has been uplifting. Being able to provide a pair of shoes to a child that was going barefoot, has given me peace. Being able to provide a place of shelter, for someone who did not have a home, has brought me joy. Helping to bring broken families back together again; being able to comfort someone after they have lost a loved one, or giving comfort to someone who has just lost their job, are just some examples of things that has given me a sense of peace and joy, and as Jesus said is worth a hundred times more than I gave. I know I spent the bigger part of my life not giving in the manner that God wanted me to give, but when I realized the real importance of giving myself to others, this is when God really touched my heart, and began to pour out His blessings in my own life. I have learned that I cannot out-give God. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven​ March 18

No comments:

Post a Comment