Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Respecting Others

Respecting Others “Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God honor the king.” 1st Peter 2:17 When I was in college I can recall one of my business teachers talking about respect. One day she gave us a pop quiz. I was a conscientious student, and had breezed through the questions until I came to the last one: “What is the first name of the woman who cleans our school room?” I thought surely this was some kind of joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times. She was tall, had dark hair and in her 50’s, but how would I know her name? I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank. Just before the class ended, I asked if the last question would count toward our quiz grade. “Absolutely,” she said. “In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say “hello.” I’ve never forgotten that lesson. I also learned that her name was Helen. Respect is something that I believe helps determine each of our character. Respect is so important in any relationship you will have in your business life and with your family. When we treat people the way we would like to be treated, we will begin to develop a habit of being respectful. God places a great deal of emphasis in his scriptures as to the respect we are to have for others. He even gave us His greatest commandment which states that we are love God, and also to love our fellow man. We can’t love them if we don’t respect them. We need to think about the way we treat other people at all times. We cannot treat others with respect one day, and show disrespect the next. time. Even when people show disrespect to us, we must not lose our composure and become disrespectful to them. God looks at our behavior in these instances, and will be the judge of how we have followed this important command.. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven​ March 3

No comments:

Post a Comment