Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Be Content Where You Are

Be Content Where You Are “I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses.” Joshua 1:3 Today, I want each of you to think about why you are where you are today, as God has you where you are for a reason. During our almost 48 years of marriage, my wife and children and I have traveled many places, and lived in several different states. We have moved to different hospitals to further my career, however we have now been living in our present city for almost 33 years, and now call this our home. I’m sure most of us have heard the saying, “We are pilgrims just passing through”, and I know that during the early part of our marriage we felt like this, as we did not stay very long in any place. The above scripture, however, tells me that wherever we are, we are to take possession of those places for God’s kingdom. I believe God took us to all the places we have been for a reason, as He was getting us prepared to do His work where He now has us. I know that there are things I have learned in all the hospitals I have been, and have had the opportunity to influence people in a positive way in all of these hospitals. I also know that I have been influenced by the people I have met at these hospitals. In this life, we are on a pathway, a narrow road, a journey that will lead us to where God wants us to be. I believe God wanted us to be in the city where we are today for a reason, as it is part of His plan for our lives. I know that God is working through me, and also my children, to minister to the people in this area, and we are responding to His call. He put us here at this place, and at this time for a reason, and the pathway we have followed has let us mature and grow in Him, and now we are ready to fulfill His plan for our lives. God also has you where you are today for a reason and to fulfill the plan He has for your life. Be content where God has you, do His will, and fulfill His plans for you. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven January 2

No comments:

Post a Comment