Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Is Your Heart White As Snow

Is Your Heart White As Snow "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." Isaiah 26:3 This morning as I looked out my window, I saw the presence of God surrounding my home, as during the night the first snowfall of the year had graced my yard,, and the trees, grass, and house tops were covered with one of God's magnificent creations. The whiteness of the snow reminds me of my life after Jesus entered my heart and forgave me of all my sins. I was washed as white as this beautiful snowfall, as all the dirt and filth I had accumulated during my life was washed away and I became white as this snow. As I gaze out my window there are no tracks in the snow, no footsteps, no disruptions of any kind to this beautiful landscape that God has given me. Nothing has marred its beauty. I want to keep my heart clean as this snow, as I want nothing to contaminate it and let the dirt and filth begin to accumulate again. I realize just how much Jesus did for me to make my heart clean again, as He died for me, and I do not want His sacrifice to be in vain. I know that Satan is out there wanting to tempt me, to make it easy for me to sin, to make me want to think only about myself, instead of making God first in my life, and also thinking about others around me. The Bible tells me that if I make God first in my life, and stop thinking about myself, but begin to think about others, that He will help me keep my heart clean. He tells me that He will give me the Holy Spirit to lead and guide me daily, to do His will and lead me on the right path. He tells me that He will help me resist the temptations that Satan will set before me, and will also give me His peace and His comfort when I face the struggles and trials during my daily life. He tells me that if I do this that He has a room prepared for me in His home in Heaven, which is my greatest goal in life. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven January 9

No comments:

Post a Comment