Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

You Can Change

You Can Change "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire." Matthew 7:19 Ever watch a dog chasing its tail? My Grandfather and I had a little beagle dog that would growl viciously and knock over anything and anyone too close to her during her frenzied pursuit. When she finally would catch her tail in her mouth, her face would show surprise and confusion. You could almost hear her thinking, “What do I do with it now?” This particular little dog had many more productive attributes, other than this. She was a good hunter, protector, and companion to my grandfather. Yet, she would spend a great amount of time daily going in circles to chase a tail most often out of reach, in an activity that always served no purpose. Recently, I was reminded of this little dog, when I counseled one of my readers, about getting his life under control from drugs. He had gone from one rehabilitation center to another, and they had him running in circles trying to find ways to help him. I asked him to consider changing his lifestyle, and get a new circle of friends, as his excuse was that he was always around people who were always tempting him to take drugs. Sometimes it is simply a matter of getting out of the thorn thicket, if you don't want to continue to be stuck. If someone keeps residing in an atmosphere where evil is the prevailing way of life, it is difficult to avoid it. The Bible tells us when we are tempted to tell Satan to "get behind me Satan", I want no part of you. If you continue to stay in an environment where evil exists, and you participate, it is like the proverbial snowball as it starts a downhill journey, gathering speed and building to enormous proportions, and begins to plow over anything and anyone in its path, and eventually takes over your life. This is exactly what Satan is all about, as you are playing into his hands. Tell Satan that you are no longer his child, but God's. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven January 19

No comments:

Post a Comment