Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

What Is Your Goal

What Is Your Goal "You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming." 2nd Peter 2:12 Throughout the Bible, especially in the Old Testament, we see prophesies telling us what the future holds. These prophesies have proven to be 100% accurate in all situations, as more and more of them are coming to pass. I have always liked to know what the future holds for me, and I have studied and read the Bible through many times, and have found time and time again the things I wanted to know. There is only one future that any of us should be concerned with however, and that is where we will spend our eternity. This life is only temporary, a fleeting shadow, and will soon pass away. However, our eternal life will be forever, and will have no end. I know that throughout my life, I always have liked to have goals and objectives that kept me on track, and focused on what I needed to work on, as without a plan I would wander aimlessly from one thing to another, and never get anything accomplished. This always worked for me for most of my life, but the most important thing I now realize, is that I only need to have one goal and objective in mind, and that is to know for certain where I will spend my eternity. Nothing else matters in this life, as if I do not meet this one goal and objective, my whole existence in life will have been meaningless. This is the thing that King Solomon said, that our life is meaningless, if we don't know where we will spend eternity. I am constantly asking God each day if I am still on target with my goal, and asking him to help me make any change that I need to make. My goal in life is to make sure that I am living the kind of life that God wants me to live, and becoming the person He wants me to be. I know that my future is in God's hands, and with Him by my side, I know that my future is secure, and my goal will be met. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven January 1

No comments:

Post a Comment