Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

God's Peace

God's Peace “Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Ephesians 5:19-20 As I look out my window this morning I can see the beautiful red and yellow leaves cascading down from the trees and fluttering in the wind before falling gently onto the ground below. Autumn is such a wonderful season, and I now enjoy it better than any other time of the year. The presence of God is so evident in the vivid splendor of the trees as the mountains become a portrait of beautiful colors everywhere we look. Autumn reminds me of the beauty that God surrounds us with each day, and the magnificent majesty of his creations, if we will just take the time to look around us. I remember going hunting with my grandfather when I was young, during the fall, when the leaves were turning and seeing the beauty of the mountains as we would climb them, and he would always comment that this was his favorite time of the year, as he felt this was a time of peace and a time of reflection for him. As I have gotten older I have thought about this, and realize that this is a good time also to reflect back on the good things that God provides us each day, that many times we do not give him thanks for. We often become so wrapped up in our day to day life that we don’t take the time to see the presence of God around us. Thinking back about my grandfather, he saw the beauty of God’s creation during the autumn, and it gave him peace and was a time where he was able to take time and give God thanks for all the blessings he had given him. He always seemed at peace with everything in his life, and was always content with everything. My memory of my grandfather and the beauty of autumn, also reminds me to give thanks to God for everything he has given me; my health, my family, my friends and most of all my salvation. We do not have to wait until New Years day to make our resolutions, but should do these throughout the year as the beautiful season of autumn should remind us that God is present in our lives every day. His beauty and his presence is all around us, and we should sing and give thanks to him every day for all the blessings he bestows on us and our families. When we begin to see God around us every day, we can be at peace with ourselves as my grandfather was, as I believe he knew there was nothing to be concerned about as God was watching him and was in control. When we feel the presence of God in our lives, we will be at peace as he tells us not to worry, but to be content as He is there to protect and provide our needs, as He will make our paths straight. Look for the presence of God around you today and find the peace He will give you. Don't get caught up in the busyness of the world, and forget to see the presence of God all around you. So many do not take the time, due to their busy schedules, going from one place to the other, to see God's presence around them. The presence of God is all around you, if you will just look. God's presence is there when you look at the blue sky, with the puffy clouds, it is there when you feel the warm sun on your face, it is there when you feel the wind blow gently through your hair, it is there when you see the trees, the grass, the beautiful flowers. Just look around you as you go to your job, your school, and in your own neighborhood, and see and feel the presence of God. When you look out your window each morning realize that what God has created just for you, and thank Him for all the beauty that surrounds you. This is God's creation, his wonderful world that He has created just for you. God also wants to be part of your life each day, He wants to walk with you, talk with you, guide you, encourage you, make you happy, content, and make you at peace with all things. He will provide all your needs, so you need not worry, but be at peace with your life. Just as my grandfather was at peace with the beauty of God's creations, you can be at peace and content where ever you are. Let God be first in all you do, and you can also experience this peace. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven January 7

No comments:

Post a Comment