Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Give God The Credit

Give God The Credit “You may say to yourself, my power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me. But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth.” Deuteronomy 8:18 Recently, I ran across an article about one of the wealthy Kennedy's, and how he earned his fortune, which was passed down to his children. The estate was worth millions of dollars, and his will was elaborate, describing who would receive each part of his wealth. This made me think about other wealthy people, and I looked at another wealthy man, J. P. Morgan, who was also a multimillionaire and found that in his will, listed his most important asset. He stated, "I commit my soul into the hands of my Savior, in full confidence that, having redeemed and washed it in His most precious blood. He will present it faultless before my heavenly Father; and I entreat my children to maintain and defend, at all hazard and at any cost of personal sacrifice, the blessed doctrine of the complete atonement for sin through the blood of Jesus Christ, once offered, and through that alone." I was amazed that both of these men were wealthy beyond belief, but Mr. Morgan gave God the praise and the glory for blessing him with so much. “To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God.” Ecclesiastes 2:26. No matter who you are, or what you have done, only Jesus can save you, and give you an eternal life. Nothing else matters on this earth, as you cannot take any wealth you store up here on earth with you. Don't let your wealth become your God, but if God gives you wealth, give Him, not yourself, the credit for allowing you to have it. My Daily Devotional Volume Six July 20 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment