Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Thank God Daily

Thank God Daily "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1st Chronicles 16:34 When I woke up this morning, and saw the sun peeking through my window, I thought how lucky I was that God had given me another day. I immediately thanked God for giving me this day. I have experienced so many days in my 70 years just like this day, but so many times I had taken them for granted, and never took the time to thank God. We get so busy in our daily lives that we don't take the time to thank God for all the blessings that He bestows on us. All the wonders that He surrounds us with daily, we seldom thank Him for. No matter what is happening in the world around you, you can always find something to thank God for. Gratitude is a powerful force that opens the door to God's blessing. Having constant gratitude and thankfulness reinforces your faith in God, because not only do you thank Him for what He has done in the past, but you also thank Him for what He will do in the future. It's that kind of faith that pleases God. Constant gratitude also shows humility, because when we are thankful, we magnify God instead of magnifying our problems. Going to God each day with a thankful heart puts everything in perspective, and opens the door for God's grace, His favor, and His love to work in our daily life. What are you grateful for today? Are you grateful for the sun that shines and brings a new day? Are you thankful for God's gift of an eternal life? Take time today, to look around, and see all the blessings God has given you, and thank Him for these. You'll be filled with His peace and His joy, and will pave the way for you to experience the abundant life that He has prepared for you. As you choose an attitude of constant gratitude, you'll draw into a closer relationship with God. My Daily Devotional Volume Six July 21 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment