Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Daily Devotional

The Greatest Book

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.”
Psalm 119:105

The greatest book on earth is the Bible, as it has outsold every book that has ever been written. According to Biblical scholars it takes approximately 56 hours to read the Bible through completely. If you read 40 chapters a day, you will complete the Bible within 30 days. If you read nine chapters a day in the New Testament you will finish reading the New Testament in 30 days. I know in my life every time I open the Bible there is a new revelation that jumps out at me when I read its scriptures. Even though I have read each verse many times before I am able to understand additional wisdom that God is telling me. The Bible is truly a lamp to my feet and a light for my path, as the scriptures gives me guidance for anything that will occur in my life. I believe that faith comes when you hear God talk through His Holy Word, and the wisdom that you get from the scriptures help you deal with life’s problems. The word of God will help keep you pure, as it will keep you on the right path and not let you give in to the temptations that Satan is constantly bombarding you with. The Bible is God’s word and has been given to us to give us direction and guidance in how to live a godly life, and one that is pleasing to God. We need to go to God’s word daily which will give us the strength to overcome all the adversities that we face, and to give us the faith we need to trust in God for all things. Faith and trust in God is all we need to sustain us, as He promises to provide all our needs. The Bible should be the most important book in all our lives, and the one that we turn to for all the answers. The Bible is God’s word and we need to listen to God and let Him be a lamp unto our feet and a light for our path.

(Many of my readers have asked if my Daily Devotionals have been published and if they could purchase them. The Devotionals I am posting are from My Daily Devotional Volume III which was published in 2009 and can be purchased at amazon.com or from me at robbrock@comcast.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment