Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

My Daily Devotional

This is Our Place to Serve God

“Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them, to the Israelites.”
Joshua 1:2

There are many times in our lives when God calls us to go somewhere or do something. During these times He wants us to step out in faith and go and do what He is asking us to do, but these may seem frightening and undoable to us. Many times we miss out on these exciting opportunities because of fear of the unknown or fear of failure. We are reluctant to step out of our comfort zones and let God work through us. I am sure this is what Joshua felt when God spoke these words to him in the scripture above. But Joshua faithfully listened to God and followed Him, and God led them to their promised land. God has a plan for each of us, and wants us to be in specific places at certain times so that He can use us to fulfill our plan. I know that God wanted me and my family where we are today, as this was His plan for my life. I did not expect to be here, and left to my wants and desires I would have been in another place. But God destined me to be here as this was His plan for me, and is using me to witness for Him. We sell ourselves short when we believe that only missionaries can make a huge impact for Christ. God calls all of us to be missionaries, and puts us is our mission field. True service to the Lord is a combination of two things: faith and submission. God has placed us where we are today for a reason, we need to go out in faith and submit ourselves to do His will. We can’t wait until we feel we are where we want to be, and have everything in place that we dreamed about and desired before we begin to serve God. We can serve God now as this is the place God has destined for us to be, and we need to faithfully obey.

(Many of my readers have asked if my Daily Devotionals have been published and if they could purchase them. The Devotionals I am posting are from My Daily Devotional Volume III which was published in 2009 and can be purchased at amazon.com or from me at robbrock@comcast.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment