Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Daily Devotional

We Need to be a Teacher

“Instruct a wise man and he will become wiser still; teach a righteous man and he will add to his learning.”
Proverbs 9:9

All Christians need to take the time to train and teach others. I believe it is very important that we take the time to mentor other Christians. We need to train and teach them what we know. I know that during my career in hospital administration I spent a good part of my time teaching my employees and training them to be the best they could be. Everyone needs to know from their leader what is required of them so that they can perform their duties in the best possible manner. Any successful business will have employees who are informed, well trained and confident about carrying out their instructions. This takes time, energy and great patience to do the job well. Every one needs motivation in order to achieve to their full potential, and our instruction and teachings can mean the difference to someone being successful. Jesus was a master teacher. He sometimes taught thousands at a time, but at other moments He sat with only His twelve disciples and motivated, influenced and inspired them. We can teach the people we mentor about prayer, about heaven, giving, relationships and all the other wisdom of the Bible. We need to remember that none of us were born with great knowledge. We became who we are by being taught by someone else, and we need to pass this down to others. The people we mentor will not know everything; they will not see what we see; or feel what we feel; they will not know what we know. It will take time to nurture their vision, their dreams and the rewards you want them to pursue. They need someone good to mentor them, to inspire and motivate them, and you may be their only source for information and motivation. Take the time to train and teach others.

(Many of my readers have asked if my Daily Devotionals have been published and if they could purchase them. The Devotionals I am posting are from My Daily Devotional Volume III which was published in 2009 and can be purchased at amazon.com or from me at robbrock@comcast.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment