Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Daily Devotional

God’s Judgment

“But I will pass judgment on you because you say, I have not sinned.”
Jeremiah 2:35

The Bible tells us that someday God is going to judge us for all the sins we have committed. Our book will be opened and all our sins will be recorded in it. There will not be one evil thought, one evil deed or action that will not show up in this book of our lives. There will be no one we can blame for causing us to sin, as only we will be held accountable. When I think of how God will judge us, I am reminded of the two robbers that were crucified on the cross with Jesus. These two robbers had been judged by the authorities and had been sentenced to death along with Jesus. One of these men however saw the true heart of Jesus as He prayed for His accusers, and asked God to forgive them for what they were doing. This man knew that he had sinned and was being punished justly for his crimes, and asked Jesus to remember Him when he came into His kingdom. Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.” Luke 23:43. Jesus knew that this robber had repented and promised him salvation. Even though this man had sinned, and was being punished by man for his sins, God’s judgment reigned superior over the judgment of man. Earthly man could take this man’s life, but Jesus could give him an eternal life. It is not too late to confess your sins and ask God for your salvation. When Jesus suffered and died on the cross, He did this so that you might be saved. Just as the robber gave his heart to Jesus, you can also give your heart to Jesus and be promised your own eternal life. You may not have tomorrow, so it is critical that you ask Jesus for your salvation today. God’s judgment is something that none of us will be able to avoid, and I urge you to consider asking Jesus into your heart today.

(Many of my readers have asked if my Daily Devotionals have been published and if they could purchase them. The Devotionals I am posting are from My Daily Devotional Volume III which was published in 2009 and can be purchased at amazon.com or from me at robbrock@comcast.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment