Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Daily Devotional

Listen to God

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”
Proverbs 3:5-6

Several years ago I heard a voice from God telling me to undertake a very demanding task, one which I knew could bear much fruit for our Lord, but one which I also knew would be very difficult and demanding. I did not know if I was up for this task as it was not something I had ever done, and was completely out of my comfort zone. After thinking about this for several weeks, the voice would not go away, and I questioned this voice and wondered, “Could this actually be the will of God, and why had He chosen me to do this for Him”. I reasoned that there were others who were more qualified than me, and why had He not chosen them to do His will. After praying to God for guidance I accepted my task, and began to work with all my heart to do God’s will. Even though I questioned God’s call to me, I knew in my heart that my only response would be “Yes sir, God, I will obey you, and trust you and do whatever you ask of me.” I believe that God talks to us and tells us what He wants us to do throughout our lives, and our only response should be to say “Yes, God, I will follow and obey you.” Although my task has been difficult and demanding God has also blessed it and also me, and I have accomplished much more than I had ever imagined. Perhaps you are facing some major opportunity or obstacle in your own life, some challenging situation to navigate; whatever it is if God is telling you to take the challenge, you must obey and follow His calling. Even though you may think you are not worthy, or up to the task, God can give you the wisdom, courage and strength to succeed. When God is walking with you all things are possible.

(Many of my readers have asked if my Daily Devotionals have been published and if they could purchase them. The Devotionals I am posting are from My Daily Devotional Volume III which was published in 2009 and can be purchased at amazon.com or from me at robbrock@comcast.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment