Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Daily Devotional

God has a Plan for You

“Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.”
2nd Corinthians 4:1

As I have stated many times in my devotionals every one of us is an evangelist according to the word of God. We need to always be seeking any opportunity to reach others around us and tell them about God and His plan of salvation for them. You may think that you are not capable of being an evangelist and reaching others for Christ, but it is our duty. I believe many times that ministries are established by God out of sufferings and hardships that we have in our lives. A good example is Joni Erickson, a professional world class diver, who suffered an accident that left her paralyzed. I am sure she thought her life was over, however God, though this terrible ordeal, gave her one of the most wonderful ministries possible, as she has touched the lives of hundreds of people, and brought them to Jesus Christ. There are countless examples of others that God has used to witness to people through their sufferings, and is using these people to tell others about the power of God. God evidently had a plan for these people, and although it does not make sense to us, God’s plans are always for a specific purpose. As Christians we all need to seek God’s heart and discover what His plan is for our lives, and do everything possible to fulfill it. We need to listen to God as He speaks to our heart and follow His every call, even when we don’t know where He is leading us. I know that God has given me direction in my life, and has led me to where He wants me to be. He will do the same for you if you will submit to Him, and follow Him. Maybe God has a unique ministry planned for you, and is wanting you to trust him. Be open to let God speak to you and lead you to accept whatever plan He has for your life.

(Many of my readers have asked if my Daily Devotionals have been published and if they could purchase them. The Devotionals I am posting are from My Daily Devotional Volume III which was published in 2009 and can be purchased at amazon.com or from me at robbrock@comcast.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment