Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

My Daily Devotional

Jesus’ Sacrifice for You

“Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Luke 23:34

These were the words of Jesus as he hung on the cross, and was asking God for forgiveness of the people who has tortured, beat and crucified Him. I saw the movie “The Passion of the Christ” several years ago, and can still not forget the pain and suffering that Jesus must have gone through the day of His crucifixion. Jesus had been beaten and tortured for hours before He was led to the cross. His body must have been bloody, bruised and torn apart from the lashings and the abuse His tormenters had inflicted upon Him. Having nails driven through His hands and His feet must have been excruciating pain. At any time during this horrendous ordeal Jesus could have called ten thousand angels to come and rescue Him, but He knew His purpose and resisted. He endured all this pain and suffering for you and me because He loved us. As we wake up each morning, and all during the day we need to be thanking Jesus for enduring all this agony just for us, as it is because of our sins that He died. He endured this kind of death just because we are sinners. There is no one that loves us like our Lord and Savior, and all He asks in return is for us to believe and trust in Him. To have someone die for you in this fashion is the ultimate sacrifice, as there could have been an easier way to die, but the suffering, abuse and pain that Jesus endured is beyond our imagination. I now realize that Jesus’ death was for me, and that I will never be able to repay Him enough. I would encourage each of you to think and read the passages of how Jesus died, and to realize that He did all this for you. If you will really study these scriptures, you will realize just how important your salvation means to Jesus and the sacrifice He made for you.

(Many of my readers have asked if my Daily Devotionals have been published and if they could purchase them. The Devotionals I am posting are from My Daily Devotional Volume III which was published in 2009 and can be purchased at amazon.com or from me at robbrock@comcast.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment