Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Daily Devotional

We Can Make A Difference

Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy. I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.”
2nd Timothy 1:3-5

This is a very personal scripture for me as I can relate to this very much. My grandmother was very dear to me as I was growing up, and taught me so much about how I was to live my life. She was my comforter, and someone I always went to for anything that ever bothered me, as I was growing up. She lived her life for Jesus, and ingrained this in me throughout my teen aged years. She always had all the answers for anything I ever questioned, and was always there to comfort me, anytime I needed someone to reassure me in any way. I believe grandparents are great bridge-builders, as she possessed the strength, faith, courage and ability to pass these attributes on to me. Today, I feel my children still benefit from my grandmothers faith, because they can see these attributes which she instilled in me, and which I am passing on to them, and hopefully they will pass on to my grandchildren. In a sense, it seems strange that grandparents can have such a far reaching influence. After all, even though they can be separated in age from their grandchildren by 40-70 years, yet they have the ability to bridge that generation gap—sometimes even better than parents can. I am sure that each of you has been influenced in a positive way by someone in your family that has instilled in you godly family values, in my case it was my grandmother. This is a treasure you must never forget, as you must apply these teachings to your family, and let these traits be passed down to your children, as you can make a difference to future generations.

(Many of my readers have asked if my Daily Devotionals have been published and if they could purchase them. The Devotionals I am posting are from My Daily Devotional Volume III which was published in 2009 and can be purchased at amazon.com or from me at robbrock@comcast.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment