Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

There Is Strength In God

There Is Strength In God

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble.”
Psalm 46:1

In the troubled times we live in today, people are living in fear. Fear is invading families, as financial pressures, health issues, marital issues and a multitude of other issues is taking away the peace of so many people across our country. Our newspapers, news casts on our televisions, our government, and our economy all give us a cause to be fearful as to what lies ahead. Everywhere we look there is reason to be concerned, as we do not know what the future holds. The Bible tells us about these times that are now upon us, when people have turned their backs on God and His commandments. When we have allowed our nation to fall out of favor with God, by permitting the unborn to be slaughtered, when we have made a mockery of the marriage union between a man and a woman as God intended, when we have legalized homosexual activities, we have broken the heart of God, and all people are now living in fear of the unknown and what lies ahead. How does a Christian live in these uncertain times? For the answer to this question we must remain faithful to our belief in God and His commandments. We must continue to put our trust in God and obey His teachings. God will give us strength to overcome our fear of the unknown. He gives us encouragement by telling us that He will provide all our needs and care for us. But it is going to take more than our own strength to calm the storms, and the fear and doubt that we battle each day. It is going to take the strength of God walking with us, helping us fight our battles, and overcoming our fears of the unknown. None of us have the strength to fight the battles that lie ahead, as we need the strength of God beside us. We need to pray every day that God will provide us this strength to withstand the temptations and the fear that confront us, as without this strength, that only God can provide, we will stumble and fall. I have a wonderful cousin that wrote a beautiful poem that each of us needs to embrace in our daily prayer time, asking God to give us strength to overcome our shortcomings.

Lord Give me Strength
By Betty Sparrow

"Lord give me strength, that only comes from you. The kind of strength, that will get me through.
The kind of strength, that helps me face each day. The kind of strength, to carry on, come what may.
Lord, give me strength to stand Lord, give me strength alone. Give me strength Lord, to make it on my own.
The kind of strength, I need each day, to face anything that comes my way.
The kind of strength that comes from above. The kind of strength to help me love.
Lord, give me strength that I had before. The kind of strength, that I don’t have any more.
The kind of strength to keep me holding on. The kind of strength I’ve never known.
The kind of strength I never knew, is the kind of strength, that only comes from you.
Lord give me strength."

I would encourage each of you to go to God each day in your prayer time, and ask Him for the strength you need to battle any fear you may be having in your life. There is nothing that God cannot do in your life, no obstacle too large for Him to overcome, no burden too heavy for Him to carry. Ask God to come and walk beside you in your daily battles, and He will give you the strength you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment