Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

God's Gifts

God's Gifts “Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms. Peter 4:10 I have always liked the Parable of the Talents in the Bible where Jesus gave three men the same amount of money, and told them that He would return to see how they handled it. One man did not use the talent, did not make any effort to use it, and his talent was taken away. I believe that God has given each of us a gift or talent, not in the form of money as indicated in the scripture above. Whether we use this God given gift or talent to its fullest extent will depend upon our ability to grow our talent, instead of allowing it to remain hidden and dormant, and to be taken away from us because of underutilization, or non use. I believe many of us will discover that our talent lies in an area of our lives that we feel we have problems with, and if we do not face the problem and overcome it, we will never be able to use our talent the way God wants us to. I know that in order to use the talent God gave me, I had to overcome a severe speech problem as I was growing up. It has taken much effort on my part to overcome this obstacle, but I feel that I have now conquered it. God has a purpose in the way he uses each one of us, and it is our responsibility to step up, put in whatever effort we need to, and overcome any obstacle, in order to use the talents and gifts he has given us. If we do this God will reward us by adding additional talents. I feel that God will put obstacles in our path to test us, to see if we are willing to put forth an effort to use our gifts, but if we sit back and weep and feel sorry for ourselves during these times, and do not overcome the problems we face he will take our gifts and talents away from us. Use God's gifts and talents wisely. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Six November 6

No comments:

Post a Comment