Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Value Your Time

Value Your Time “Whoever obeys his command will come to no harm, and the wise heart will know the proper time and procedure.” Ecclesiastes 8:5 I have always been one to always be on time for any appointment. I have always thought that if I tell someone I will be there at a specific time, I like to be there on time, and in most cases get there much earlier than I need to, and usually spend time in everybody’s waiting room reading magazines for a few minutes. Being on time helps to promote your character, and indicates that you are a man of your word. I believe it also shows respect to whoever you are meeting, in that you felt they were important enough to be on time. People are impatient and waiting for someone who is not on time, is one of the little things that can really upset many people and ruin their day. If I can do my part in keeping someone from feeling this way, I feel it is my duty to do everything to keep my time arranged, whereby I am on time and at the place where I am supposed to be. I believe this respect of other people, in that we think enough of them to be on time, helps define our character. I know that there are circumstances where things happen that will cause us to be late for an appointment, but these should be the exception and not the rule. If we find that we are constantly being late for appointments, we need to make the necessary adjustment to get this corrected. By making small adjustments in our behavior we can affect and influence others in a positive manner, and builds our character. People need to feel that we respect them and being late for appointments, I believe shows a lack of respect for them. So when you are scheduling your time take into account the time of others as you can have a positive influence on them. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Six November 10

No comments:

Post a Comment