Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sowing Our Seeds

Sowing Our Seeds “Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will reap generously.” 2nd Corinthians 9:6 I have always wondered as I grew up, and have always been amazed at the thought of how something as large as a mighty oak tree could be produced by a small seed, the size of the end of my finger. This tiny seed planted in usually infertile ground by the wind and rain, has grown from this tiny seed to a magnificent huge oak tree. This has impressed me over the years, that many of the things we have accomplished during our lives, once started out as tiny seeds that were nurtured and tilled, and now are magnificent trees in their own rights. I have seen our children grow up from our tiny beautiful babies, to be wonderful mature human beings, and are now producing their blooms and starting their own families. I have thought of the seeds I have planted over my life. Have I been the Johnny Appleseed in my family, and business and planted many seeds, or have I been the one to sit back and watch others plant the seeds. Only the people who sow seeds will reap a harvest. All throughout the Bible, we find the principle of sowing and reaping, and just as a farmer must plant his seeds before he can reap a harvest, we too must plant some good seeds in the fields of our families, careers, businesses, and personal relationships with our friends, neighbors and others we come into contact with. If we want happiness and joy in our lives, and have a positive attitude we must sow our seeds in order to produce what we want to harvest. If we will always follow the will of God and let him direct our way, we will know the right seeds to plant and know the seeds that will produce the right harvest. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Six November 21

No comments:

Post a Comment