Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

God's Goals

God's Goals “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.” Colossians 3:23 I have written many devotionals about working as hard as we can to accomplish our goals and objectives, as I feel this is what God tells us throughout the Bible. We cannot sit back and think that everything will be given to us on a silver platter, but we have to earn everything we have, and with God going with us every step of the way, we can succeed. Our goals and objectives in life must be aligned with God's plan for us, but we must put forth an effort. Just like the example of the Parable of the Talents, the men that were successful worked to make God's gifts grow. They did not bury them in the sand, but made them grow by their work. There will always be roadblocks put in our way that will test us, but we must not be afraid and lose our focus. Using our common sense in making the majority of the decisions will usually be enough to push aside most of these roadblocks. On some of the tougher roadblocks we may have to change direction, as to how we will accomplish our goals, but we cannot lose sight of what we want the final outcome to be. Although I set goals for myself that I can accomplish all by myself, I am not bashful in seeking advice from a friend or family member as to how to overcome an obstacle in my path. I have found that people like to offer advice as to handle a particular situation and in many instances their suggestion will be the answer to overcoming the obstacle. However, I now put my faith and trust in God to lead and guide me, to reach the goals and objectives that God and I have agreed upon for my life. Work with God's goals and you can succeed. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Six November 11

No comments:

Post a Comment