Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Joy Of The Lord

The Joy Of The Lord “Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.” Ephesians 5:17 For so many years of my life I did not know what God's will was for me. I changed jobs several times, and moved from one state to another. I thought all of these changes was something I was making happen, but I now believe that God has put me here at this place in my life for a reason, and that all the circumstances that have occurred in my life to this point, have been to fulfill his plan for me. I can recall reading an article by Billy Graham a few years ago which said that when our hearts are surrendered totally to the will of God, then we delight in seeing him use us in any way he pleases. Our plans and desires begin to agree with his, and we accept his direction in our lives. I know that my life has changed as I am doing the will of God, and I am at peace. Our sense of joy, satisfaction, and fulfillment in life increases, no matter what the circumstances, if we are in the center of God’s will. I only know that I have never had the understanding about my life, and what the true purpose of my life had been until now, and the wonderful feeling I now have about myself and what I want to accomplish in my remaining years. I believe I have the "Joy of the Lord" in my heart as I am doing His will. The Christian life is a joyful life, as Christianity was never meant to be something to make people miserable. The ministry of Jesus Christ was one of joy. The Bible teaches us that a life of inner peace is a Christian’s birthright. What a witness to the world Christians would be if only they were happier people, as joy is one of the marks of a true believer in Christ. Do you have the "Joy of the Lord" in you, and will others see the joy of Christ in your life today? Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Six November 5

No comments:

Post a Comment