Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Show Compassion

Show Compassion “We are to continually walk in love being guided by love and following love.” 2 John 1:6 I have a good friend whom I have known for almost 24 years now who attends church with us each Sunday. I had noticed for about two weeks that something seemed to be bothering him, and asked him if everything was all right. After hesitating for a few minutes, which is not like him, he said that he was worried about some recent lab tests, and was afraid that it was cancer. He described his symptoms, and I spent several minutes talking with him. While I am not a Physician I have spent 45 plus years in health care, and attended most of the medical staff meetings where various diseases and symptoms are discussed, and the symptoms he was describing were very similar to the symptoms I have heard many physicians describe and talk about, and they were usually not associated with cancer. I related all of this information on to my friend and it seemed to make him feel much better about the problem. I called him later on during the week several times to find out if he had gotten the results which he said he had not gotten them yet. A couple of days later he called to tell me that his test results had come back negative. He was very happy and said I had been the only one that seemed to be concerned about him. This may seem like a very small thing, but I believe this is just one of the ways we can find to reach out to others and show them that we care about them. We all need someone from time to time to talk to about our little problems, and things that are bothering us. A little compassion shown to a friend, is something that we can provide. God wants us to be there for people who are hurting, and need some compassion or help during their times of trouble. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Six November 30

No comments:

Post a Comment